Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Cameron Highlands

After coming back from Europe last year, Mr Yap and I did not go for any sweet vacation like this. We just went to Genting Hignlands to watch Kitaro Concert.


Last weekend (24-25th May 2008), we went to Cameron Highlands. Friday after work, I went to The Mines Fotokem to buy a Canon 50mm F1.8 II lens.


I got his SMS to ask me go home have dinner with him when I was in The Mines. Actually, we had a fight on Thursday night, after we watched Indiana Jones.


Early in the morning or the Saturday, Mr Yap waked me up. As usual, he prepared the breakfast for me, while I was taking shower in the bathroom.


After that, we set off at about 7 something, with my lovely Picanto. 24th May 2008, we set off to Cameron Highlands. The same date last year, we checked out from Vienna hotel.


We went up Cameron Highlands via Simpang Pulai. The first stop was the Rose Farm. There were plenty of big pretty roses. As big as by burger face (@_@)




Time to try out my newly bought 50mm lens. I did all the fine tuning and setting of my DSLR, then Mr Yap just need to press the shutter. The result is cool!




You see, these photos were taken by Mr Yap (original photo, never been edited by any software)


IMG_0221

Real soft feeling

IMG_0222



Good framing technique huh?

IMG_0229



Red and white always the best striking match

IMG_0232


Can you see the small dimple near the edge of my lip (my left)

IMG_0210

Mr Yap took this artistic photo

IMG_0275


Irresistable white flowers (what flower is that?), this photo was taken by me

IMG_0216

The weather was so cold. We went to Brinchang for steambot. God damn. There was a traffic jam from Equatorial Hotel to Brinchang:

24052008292

Found this on the wall of the steambot restaurant

IMG_0259

Steambot for 2 person, dual flavour soup (Chicken & Tomyam)

IMG_0262

After steambot, we went to the pasar malam. They sell a lot of strawberry products (toy, umbrella, hat, blanket, key chain and etc). I bought hair bands and hair clips with strawberry pictures on it. Before went back to hotel, I bought 2 dumplings. Yummy ~ ~

The next day, early in the morning, after the buffet breakfast, we went back to the room for shower. I drew my cat 小凤 on the mirror in the bathroom fulled with steam

25052008499

Nice and comfortable deluxe room (snapshot using my N95)

24052008293

Snapshot before check out (using Mr Yap's N95 8GB version)

25052008504

We dopped by at a nearby pasar pagi. We bought fresh strawberries and honey. I bought a pot of daisy. Mr Yap will be the gardener for the daisy flowers.

Snapshot this photo at The Smokehouse

IMG_0272

Red telephone booth

IMG_0270

Tea farm

IMG_0281

Along the journey going up/down the Cameron Highlands, we listened to oldies :Que Sera Sera, End of The World, Stand By Me......Especially Que Sera Sera, the lyrics is so meaningful and it is still echoeing in the air now:

When I was just a little girl,

I asked my mother, "What will I be?

Will I be pretty, will I be rich?"

Here's what she said to me...

(Chorus):Que sera, sera

Whatever will be, will be

The future's not ours to see

Que sera, sera

What will be, will be

When I grew up and fell in love,

I asked my sweetheart, "What lies ahead?

Will we have rainbows day after day?"

Here's what my sweetheart said...(Chorus)

Now, I have children of my own

They ask their mother, "What will I be?

Will I be handsome, will I be rich?"

I tell them tenderly...(Chorus)

Que sera, sera


6 comments:

Bung Chai said...

nice photos u have there. it is a nice lens i used to have, but later sold it because less usage. sorry din check your reply on the other blog site. Tamron 17-55mm f2.8 is a good lens to have. hope to see more photos form you. have a nice day.

爵士 said...

How about Tamron 17 - 250 mm? I plan to have 1 for travelling purpose so that I do not need to change lens that frequent.

Canon 50mm is really amazing! Only RM300 from Fotokem Mines. Fotokem Mid Valley sell with RM439, Canon Mid Valley sell with RM380.

Bung Chai said...

err... i think if you go travel better to have 1 wide angle lens, for EFS mount like 10-22mm.

previously when i travel to finland, i brought EFS17-55mm. some time discover that it is not wide enuf to take the whole scene. but this lens does the job most of the time. if you go travel to the scenary destination, better to have wide angle lens, then bring your 50mm together and you can cover all condition. i do not take tele so much, so i do not consider bringing telephoto lens.

But if you like to take tele and wide and not to wish to change lens so frequent, you can consider tamrom 18-200mm, it is enuf for travel, but you have ot compromise for the image quality, of course it will not be so bad lah, but can't compete with the 50mm loh.

Agnes Sim said...

wow~~ u got DSLR camera also wo..U bought CANON one ar? Wat model? I got 1 also but mine one is NIKON D40X, no money to buy new lens...haiz...

爵士 said...

Yeah, my DSLR is Canon 400D. It was bundled with a standard zoom lens 18-55mm. Before I went Cameron Highlands, I bought another 50mm f1.8 standard lens.

How much does Nikon D40X cost?

Agnes Sim said...

I bought at RM2300 with kit lens, 2GB memory card n a nikon bag

Post a Comment

Jayce-ism 爵士讲古 © 2008 | Coded by Randomness | Illustration by Wai | Design by betterinpink!