Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Penang Food (27-29 June 2008)

Last Friday, I went Penang together with Mr Yap because he had to meet his PHD supervisor to discuss about his thesis. His supervisor got the award of “世界10大杰出青年" before, same batch with Dato Michelle Yeoh. We managed to meet him in USM Engineering faculty. He is such a down-to-earth guy and very friendly. If Mr Yap never told me, I think I would not know that his supervisor got that award and could gave speech in Las Vegas.

In USM campus, we saw this special car, IMPUL. This car gives a new difinition to "SQUARE"

Impul



Yeah, 小白兔followed our car to Penang as well. We took unpaid leave because we were still on probation.
Friday, just a tiring day of travelling. When we checked in the hotel, already quite late. Just slept only.
The next day (Saturday), 小白兔 and her bf, TK, came to our hotel to fetch us to Uncle John's durians orchard in Balik Pulau. TK's grandpa also follow, wow, such an old and loyal fan of durians :)



Mr Yap ate a lot, really a lot of durians there.

Mr Yap and Durian



Candid photo.

Mr Yap in Durian Orchard



Durians fan couple.

Jc and Jayce in Durian Orchard




小白兔 and TK.

Shih Mun and TK





小白兔, TK, and Lingzie(TK's sister, a famous food blogger from Penang).

Shih Mun and her future family



Wooo, sexy durians!

durians




In order to snapshot the sexy durians, I gotta sacrify my feminine image to have the best angle of snapshot

take durians photo




In the orchard there, have papaya trees.

papaya tree




Nangka from the orchard.

nangka






I think I over estimated myself. Initially I planned to eat as much durians as I can and my target was to eat until I have sorethroat and fever. Who knows, I was the first one who stop eating. Too full.
TK did not eat much because he was busy on phone. 小白兔 eat quite a lot, at least, more than I did.
At night, we went to Tambun to meet Mr Yap's sister. We went to the jetty there to have seafood dinner.




Delicious taufu.

toufu




Woo hoo, my favourite boiled octopus.

octopus




Ikan pari-pari (Teow Chew Steam).

pari pari





甘香Shrimp.

mantis shrimp




Sunday, before set off back to PJ, we had our brunch at Sister Restaurant. Heard that this restaurant is famous with Char Kuey Teow.

A lot of people there. While waiting, we ordered some other things to eat first.




This is the yam cake.

yam cake





This is the ota-ota. The taste is not so good. How come got strong asam flavour?

ota ota





This is the famous Char Kuey Teow. RM4. Hey, I found it tasted the same as the Char Kuey Teow in SS3 PJ and PJ there only RM3.50 with bigger size ler.
sister char kuey teow





Took a photo in the old nostalgic restaurant. See me from the mirror?.

mirror





I found something Lan See in this restaurant. Customer MUST order drinks and if do not order, need to pay 30cents per pax. Hey, how about my stomach is fucking full, only could take a plate of Char Kuey Teow and could not have any drink? Fuckerry rule. So far, I never see such Lan See thing in PJ area. If anybody see this Lan See rule in PJ, please let me know and I will boycott it.
sister restaurant




Finally, thanks TK for the durians treat, and also thanks Lingzie for the delicious Balik Pulau Asam Laksa/Penang Prawn Mee treat :)

2 comments:

Agnes Sim said...

your photos is nice le...so sharp. Normally wat mode u used for your shooting?

爵士 said...

Normally I use manual mode.

Post a Comment

Jayce-ism 爵士讲古 © 2008 | Coded by Randomness | Illustration by Wai | Design by betterinpink!